Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Lord's Timing Is Perfect

This is going to be a great year! I already love my job. Yesterday marked two weeks of living in the city and today marked one week at Here’s Life.

The Lord’s timing is perfect! Fall is an exciting time for Here’s Life Inner City, and the best time for me to report. I arrived just in time to participate in a three day S.A.Y. Yes! Center training to equip inner-city churches to host after-school programs. In a few weeks, we kick off the Fall season with evangelism training for 100 churches. Soon, Thanksgiving preparations begin for our Box of Love outreach, which provides food for 5,000 needy families. I also arrived in time to help with a new career development program at the Bowery Mission Women’s Center. So as you can tell, I came during an exciting time. I’m thankful for this season and the opportunity to jump right in!

Today was super busy, I didn’t leave the office until 7! I went to my first official staff meeting. We opened our time by reading a passage from Joshua and praying about God’s faithfulness. This was an encouraging time and a great reminder to reflect daily on all the Lord has done for me. After discussing upcoming events, Bright and I led the group in brainstorming for our Web site. We got great feedback. After the meeting, I had a conference call re: the Web site. Then I squeezed in lunch before helping set up for the S.A.Y. Yes! training. I had to assemble booklets and redesign a treasure hunt game. I met with my intern coordinator to discuss the online training I start next week. I will spend a couple hours a week taking a class online. I don’t have all the details yet but I think the focus of the course is evangelism.

Pray for powerful and effective training for our S.A.Y. Yes! workshop. We have three new ministries coming through the training for the first time. The training involves topics such as spiritual development, child development, team building and organization of an after school program. The training will be held October 2-4. I’ll post a full report next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment