Thursday, November 13, 2008

What’s Going On Behind The Scenes

Coming up on November 22nd is our Box of Love packing party! I’m trying to get media coverage for our event in hopes to build awareness and increase future volunteers and donations. I’ve been running around gathering contact info for radio stations, newspapers and TV news desks, faxing and emailing a press release, making follow-up calls and so much more. It’s really exciting. We already have a story running in the Brooklyn Daily News next Tuesday! I really want a TV station to come out to cover the event. Please pray that Saturday morning (the 22nd) will be a dead news day. If there is no breaking news, we may just be the most exciting thing going on. Increased awareness would really help move the ministry forward especially if we’re able to connect to new donors.

Besides tracking with local media, Boxes of Love comes with other responsibilities. I’ve been communicating with all of the volunteers. Praise God for all the hundreds of people willing to help pack 4,000 boxes!

It is truly is a busy season for Here’s Life. For most of our events, it’s all hands on deck. All staff- yep all seven of us-help plan and prepare. Almost every week, I’m helping copy, staple and package materials for a training or event registration.

Also, we’ve signed with a design company and will have our hands on our Web site by Friday. It will not go live for several more weeks but in the mean time I’ll be uploading content, images and hopefully creating a great site!

Please pray for me as I juggle various responsibilities. I’m glad I have the opportunity to serve “behind the scenes” as well as the opportunity to minister directly with women and children in need.

It is a privilege to live in this amazing city and serve in full time ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment